Review & Download Software Western Digital Elements Desktop 8TB WDBWLG0080HBK-EESN for Windows. Are you looking for a “small” backup solution, I ended up with WD Elements Portable, which in my opinion this little cloud storage is very good value for money.
WD 8TB Elements Desktop WDBWLG0080HBK Software
It was important to me that no external power supply is needed for operation and that the hard drive remains as small as possible and therefore mobile, which is clearly the case here. The design is simple but very chic and sometimes less is more! A white LED lights up when the hard disk is active, nothing more. A 50cm long USB cable is included.
The WD Elements Desktop WDBWLG0080HBK installation takes place on Windows PCs via Plug & Play, ie the hard disk is immediately recognized as an external data carrier. On MACs, the HDD must be formatted to HFS + using the disk utility,
The HDD works almost inaudibly and, thanks to USB 3.0, it also works at a very high speed – this should definitely work for normal users, I\’m definitely satisfied. Due to the sometimes mixed reviews on this hard drive series, it definitely makes sense to regularly check the HDD for errors with software (this actually applies to any type of hard drive) in order not to suffer any data loss. WD offers \”Data Lifeguard Diagnostic\” its own solution, but there are certainly alternatives in the freeware area.
I am using the 2TB version and so far I am satisfied, but the review may be updated after a certain amount of time, if necessary. Until then, I am giving 5 stars to the WD Elements!
WD Elements Desktop WDBWLG0080HBK for Gaming
An external hard drive was needed to relieve the memory of my PS4. On the spur of the moment, I bought the 2017 model with 2 TB. Freshly unpacked, I connected the drive and the PS4 would not recognize an external hard drive.
After a short panic, mixed with frustration, I tried my luck to connect the record to my laptop. Lo and behold, there the plate was found. Formatted to be on the safe side and sent to the PS4 again. Again nothing was recognized.
Ultimately, the bug was fixed by replacing the cable. Fortunately, I still have a plate whose cable I was able to exchange. With the \”old\” cable, the new hard disk was immediately recognized and formatted. So be careful; if the plate is not recognized, it may be due to the cable.
Unfortunately, the built-in controller uses a 4K sector emulation, which was previously used so that Windows XP can access disks> 2.2TB. Completely unnecessary in today\’s world. This means that the plate is no longer readable when it is removed.
It is therefore completely unusable as a data backup, since the risk of a disk failure also includes the risk of a controller failure. Fortunately, I found out before it could happen and copied the data. The WD Elements Desktop WDBWLG0080HBK disk is now used in an external housing, which does not have these problems.
Western Digital WDBWLG0080HBK Support & Download
Description: This is a Windows version of the Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. It will test WD internal and external drives. In additional, it can provide you with the model and serial of WD drives attached to the system.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 8 32/64-bit versions, Windows 7 32/64-bit versions, Windows Vista 32/64 bit versions, Windows XP 32/64-bit versions
WD Elements Desktop Software Instructions
- Download the Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics, WinDlg_vx_xx.zip
- Extract and run the program, WinDlg_vx_xx.exe. If running Windows Vista (or later), you will need to Right-Click on the WinDlg_vx_xx.exe file and choose to Run As Administrator.
- Read and accept the license agreement to continue.
- On the main program screen, there are two windows. In the top window, you will see the drives in your system that are available for testing. The model number, serial number, capacity, and SMART status of each drive will be displayed. In the bottom window, the partition information for the selected drive will be displayed.
- Highlight the drive and select the icon on the top row to test or run SMART status.
- When you select the run tests icon, the \’DLGDIAG – Select an Option\’ window appears.
- You will see the following options:
- QUICK TEST – performs SMART drive quick self-test to gather and verify the Data Lifeguard information contained on the drive.
- EXTENDED TEST – performs a Full Media Scan to detect bad sectors. Test may take several hours to complete depending on the size of the drive.
- ERASE – writes zeros to the drive with options of Full Erase and Quick Erase. File system and data will be lost.
- VIEW TEST RESULT – displays the latest test results.
- Select the test you wish to perform and click the Start button.
- When the test completes, you will be notified with a pass/fail message. Click the Close button and done.